So you’ve finally found a way to deal with your acne and keep it under control. But just as you think you are in the clear—something else usually happens as a result of your acne battle—acne scars… (UGH!)
What’s worse is that dealing with acne scarring is often times harder than treating acne itself.
But we’re here to tell you there is hope–with inexpensive and organic products that you can find in your fridge and grocery stores.
While some people use medical treatments or procedures to clear acne scars others prefer to use organic products that will fade acne scars naturally.
We’ve rounded up a list of 5 ways that you can fade acne scars naturally to save on expensive doctor’s visits and get clearer skin.
How to Fade Acne Scars Naturally
Exfoliating helps clear away dead skin cells on the surface of your skin to give you a more youthful appearance. It can also help you clear acne scars quickly with visible results just a few days.
What organic products can you use for exfoliation?
Glad you asked! Here is a list of 4 great products that you can use to exfoliate your skin at home:
- Baking Soda – is a natural exfoliant that softens the skin and keeps it moisturized
- Almonds – a natural exfoiliant that keeps your skin nourished
- Coffee – helps get rid of dry and dead skin
- Oatmeal – absorbs excess oil from the skin
2. Use facial scrubs and masks to smooth the texture of your skin
Facial masks will help soften your skin and reduce discoloration. Because acne scars tend to have rougher texture than your normal skin, using natural facial masks can help restore and balance your skins texture.
There are several organic products that you can use to make masks. A few popular options are cucumber, yogurt, honey, aloe vera, and ginger.
Here’s a little bit of info about these products and how they help fade acne scars naturally:
- Cucumber soothes the skin, has a lightening effect and also reduces inflammation.
- Yogurt – contains probiotics for clearing skin
- Aloe vera is known for its healing properties and effectively heals acne scars over time
- Honey – acts as a natural antioxidant and antibacterial agent
- Ginger – reduces inflammation and helps get rid of dead skin cells
3. Use fruits that naturally lighten your skin
Believe it or not, there are a few natural skin lighteners that you can use to lighten your skin. Lemon by far is the most popular and organic choice.
It is known for its bleaching properties and its ability to naturally lighten your skin and fade discoloration caused by acne scars and marks. Lemon also helps build up collagen and is rich in Vitamins C, A, B6.
4. Use oils to nourish your skin
Two products that can help nourish the skin are olive oil and coconut oil.
- Olive Oil – jam packed with vitamins and nutrients for fading acne scars
- Coconut Oil – is an ingredient used in a ton of beauty products and is super rich in anti-oxidants
5. Use natural moisturizers to soften your skin
Moisturizing your skin helps keep it smoother and softer. Some examples of natural moisturizers include: Yogurt, honey, coconut oil and olive oil. Other great moisturizers include avocado, milk, and almond oil.
Here’s a quick recap of the tips we’ve covered:
- Exfoliate to remove dead skin
- Use scrubs to smoothen and flatten the texture and surface of your scars
- Use organic ingredients to lighten dark spots
- Keep your skin nourished
- Keep your skin moisturized
Fading acne scars naturally requires a daily skin care regimen that you need to use regularly. Try using these tips today to fade your acne scars naturally and inexpensively.