Lemon has been used for centuries to cure and treat a variety of conditions. It is currently one of the most used and effective fruits found in a lot of DIY home remedies and face masks that many people use.
The nutrients and other vitamins found in lemon naturally lighten acne scars, reduce blemishes and even tone skin.
In fact, lemon was a popular ingredient that the Ancient Egyptians drank and ate—believing that it would protect them against food poisoning and other sicknesses in general.
How does lemon treat acne scars…exactly?
- Lemon contains L-absorbic acid—a nutrient that is an anti-oxidant and natural skin cleanser
- The citric acid in lemon exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells to make way for newer more refreshed skin
- Lemon has natural skin lightening nutrients that help fade acne scars and spots
- Lemons contain natural antibiotic properties that fight off bacteria that causes inflamed acne
Five benefits of using a lemon face mask:
- Stimulates collagen production
- Lightens acne scars naturally
- Hydrates the skin
- Repairs dry skin
- Is a natural anti-oxidant
- For natural exfoliation and renewal of skin cells
Here’s what you will need for this mask:
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- Small pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp of green tea
- Small bowl
- Cotton balls
- Add lemon juice, turmeric powder and green tea into your bowl. Mix them well.
- Using your cotton balls, dip them into your mixture and apply to your face.
- Allow the application to dry for approximately 3 minutes.
- Repeat the application of the mask until the mixture is gone.
- Wash the mixture off with warm water
- Apply a moisturizer
Using Lemon Juice for Spot Treatment
Lemon juice (from lemons) can also be used for acne spot treatment. Simply do the following:
- Gather a few cotton rounds or Q-tips
- Dip a cotton ball or Q-tip swab into your lemon juice
- Apply the lemon juice to your face. Leave it on your acne scars overnight
- If you have sensitive skin, you may not want to leave the lemon juice on your scars overnight as it is likely to irritate your skin.
So…What else does lemon cure?
You would be surprised to learn that lemon is used to treat hay fever, swollen ankles, depression, mouth ulcers, corns and calluses and insomnia. Yes, it’s good to know that lemon can treat so many things.
The next time you are in the grocery store, be sure to stop by to pick up a lemon or two and use them as a face mask for your acne scars.