Are you looking for an inexpensive acne scar treatment and facial that you can use in the comfort of your own home? Then look no further. Here we cover information on Microdermabrasion kits for the treatment of acne scars and spots.
What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a painless procedure that you can perform at home to remove dead skin cells to make way for new ones.
This treatment is known as a convenient “lunch-break” facial that can be performed in 30 minutes or less to fade acne scars and soften your skins overall appearance.
Why should you use microdermabrasion kits?
Were glad that you asked. Here are 5 reasons that you should use a microdermabrasion kit to treat your acne scars:
- These kits are cheaper than expensive procedures conducted at dermatology clinics and spas
- You can perform this treatment at home
- To improve your skins appearance
- To minimize fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone
- To treat mild acne scarring
So, how do you use these kits?
One of the most popular microdermabrasion systems on the market today is the PMD-Personal Microdermabrasion Skincare System.
Here is a video that Latoya Codner put together via Youtube that shows you step-by-step how to use the PMD Microdermabrasion system skincare system at home:
Neutrogena also has a popular and less expensive kit available that women rave about.
Caring Your Skin after Microdermabrasion treatments
Now that you have figured out what system you want to use, here are a few tips that you can use to care for your skin after the treatment:
- Use a sensitive skin cleanser to wash your face. Avoid cleansers with harsh irritants such as glycolic acid and peroxide in them as they will aggravate your skin
- Use lukewarm or cool water when washing your face
- Use an ice pack or cold pack to ease the swelling or puffiness of your skin
- Moisturize your skin every morning and night with a good moisturizer preferably one with a spf 30+ sunscreen in them
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure for at least 1 to 2 days to prevent skin damage
- Avoid using heavy makeup and foundation after you finish this treatment. Using heavy makeup products will irritate your skin and clog up your pores.
A few tips to remember when using microdermabrasion kits at home:
- It’s best to use these treatments before you head to bed
- Follow your products strict recommendations on how often you should use the product
- what you should avoid after using your microdermabrasion system
As previously mentioned, microdermabrasion treatments are inexpensive and offer a quick and effective solution to treating your acne scars.
Remember, when using these products at home to read the instructions and recommendations included in your product carefully in order to get the best results.